about art, automobiles, interiors and more...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Karl Lagerfeld, the Renaissance man (finale)

It is interesting to know, since 1970 Karl Lagerfeld has worked as a costume designer for some theatrical productions. He has worked with Luca Ronconi and Jurgen Flimm. He has worked for La Scala in Milan, Burgtheater in Vienna, and for Salzburg Festival.

He is as good with photography as he is with everything else, though his entry into the world of photography was out of his frustration with professional photographers, during his campaign shoots.

About photography he says:“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”


Karls photography:
“I do my job like I breathe-so if I can’t breathe I’m in trouble.” KL
Karl the man:



“I’m very down to earth, I’m just not from this earth.” KL
“There is no Chanel collection without black. It will never exist. Who can live without some black clothes.” KL
Chanel, Paris 2011 Fall/Winter collection
“One is never overdressed in a little black dress.” KL

“I am like a caricature of myself, and I like that. It is like a mask. And for me the carnival of Venice lasts all year long.” KL


Photo credits: google, fliker etc

2 comments:

  1. Hello:
    Such an immensely creative talent and rather an enigma. That is what appeals so much.

    We love the bold black and white photography with no shades of grey. Rather like the man behind the camera we think.

    The collection of images which you have presented in this portfolio of KL has been absolutely beguiling. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your appreciation of this post. I spent some serious time researching before doing these posts otherwise I would not have done justice to the man. He deserves the best. Since we get the best from him too.

    I think all the great creative personalities have and had some enigma. Probably creative people are like onion, layer upon layer, you keep peeling and keep getting surprised.

    ReplyDelete